Summer Art Camp 2021
Thank you for a wonderful summer!
It was great to enjoy the creativity and spark of a camp season :).
Click here to see some photos from our summer season.
Click here if you like details about our afterschool and Saturday classes.
We've come such a long way towards emerging from this pandemic year. Getting all the way there requires that we keep safety right next to fun on our list of top priorities. We’re determined to use our building and our outdoor spaces creatively to provide a joyful and safe summer!
- Current safety precautions will remain in place including mask wearing by campers/teachers/staff, social distancing, handwashing, daily temperature checks.
- Some classes, specifically Ceramics and Theatre, will be held outdoors whenever possible
- Indoor classrooms will have open windows as well as air purifiers
- Each group of campers will have a designated inside classroom and bathroom
- Each camper will have a personal set of art supplies to be used through their camp session
- Handwashing breaks will be built in to our schedule
- Campers are encouraged to bring their own water bottle with them each day
- Pool trips: currently TBD. Cheltenham Township has not yet decided if pools will be open this season. If they decide to open, we will carefully consider if we can run our usual weekly pool trips safely. Stay tuned!
- After Care: TBD At this point we are not able to offer after care. As we learn new information, this decision may be updated. Thank you for your patience.
Click here for Summer Camp Guidelines during the Pandemic
What the same? While each year at camp brings new projects, experiences, laughter and friends some things you can count on!
- All campers will get to participate in all classes! We’ll be exploring painting, printmaking, drawing, constructing, clay and theatre games. Stretching imaginations is our goal!
- Professional art teachers chosen for their experience and love of working with kids will lead classes
- Our enthusiastic, college age counselors will stay with your child’s age group throughout their camp session
- Campers, as always, bring their own lunch
Registration is open. Register today to reserve your spot. Space is limited!
We regret that we cannot provide refunds for the time missed due to a change in plans, family vacation or a child's illness. Cheltenham Center for the Arts does not prorate for Camp.
Camp will be closed on Monday, July 5, 2021
***Please note - We just switched to a new registration system and encourage everyone to register for the new session online. If this is the first time you are using the new system and you already have an email on file with us, when asked for your password, please click "forgot password" and reset your password. Please make note of your new password for future use. Thank you for your patience as we all get used to the new system. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.***
Note: We know our families like options! A selection of virtual classes for both children and adults will continue to be offered during the summer. Details will be announced in April.
Crafty Kids Week 1: June 21 - June 25
Session 1: June 28 - July 9 (No camp 7/5)
Session 2: July 12 - 23
Session 3: July 26 - August 6
Session 4: August 9 - 20
Crafty Kids Week 2: August 23 - August 27
Please click here to see pricing for our 2021 camp sessions.
What about the teens?
Click here to see full details for our teen classes and intensives.
CHELTENHAM CENTER FOR THE ARTS SUMMER ART CAMP is specially designed for children ages 5-12 & TEEN SUMMER STUDIOS are for ages 13-17, who enjoy activities in the visual and performing arts. Our programs give children the chance to develop creative skills for self-expression. We encourage children to explore the many ways to solve problems in their creative process and think outside the box. A carefully planned and structured program provides children with a varied schedule that maintains a high level of interest and fun.
The children are grouped by age with each group assigned their own counselors to guide the children from one activity to another. We encourage new campers and families to visit the Art Center to tour the facility and meet staff. We suggest stopping by to experience what CCA has to offer. Call in advance to arrange an appointment.
Our program has been revised to follow the guidelines set forth as a result of Covid-19.